Thursday, April 12, 2007

Uncle Wayne


Wayne Bailey, 68, a native of Parkin, Ark., and resident of Gray, died at 11:15 p.m. Thursday, April 5, 2007.
He is survived by his wife, Melinda Evelyn Bailey of Gray; one daughter; four sons; three daughters-in-law; one son-in-law; three brothers; three sisters; 12 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Uncle Wayne was my favorite uncle. He was the second husband of my Aunt Evelyn. I vaguely remember her first husband. They divorced when I was very young. He and Aunt Evelyn were more like grandparents to me than anything else. I always looked forward to their visits. Of course as I got older I never got see them as much as I wanted to. You know how life gets in the way sometimes.
Wayne always worked hard. He worked offshore and then he drove a truck delivering parts to oil fields and stuff. As he got older and retired he took up woodworking.
He was always coming up with something out in his shop. Whether it was a birdhouse, a squirrel feeder, or a toilet paper holder shaped like an old outhouse you know that he took his time in building it.
I hope that God puts this carpenter to good use in Heaven 'cause he will be sorely missed here on earth. I don't know about anyone else but I know I will.

1 comment:

TravelingNurse said...

My deepest sympathy in the loss of your Uncle.Great picture of him.I have a very sick Uncle now and you have inspired me to be sure I see him soon.Thanks for sharing.