Thursday, June 24, 2004

It's All about Me!!

Hi folks, I'm Jim Leonard. This is about me and my adventures in Nursing as a traveler. What is a travel nurse you may ask? Well a travel nurse is like a hired gun from the old westerns. We ride in from parts unknown, help out the local folks, get paid, amd ride off into the sunset.
This is going to be my first trip as a traveler. I live in the Mississippi Delta. You may know it. It's marked on your maps with a warning sign that reads...Beware!!! Big Freaking Mosquitos live here!!! Let me tell ya folks, as it starts to get dark you can hear them rolling in.....Sounds like dive bombers from the old World War II movies. And hot and humid....Let me tell ya....The Delta was God's testing grounds for Hell. Then he decided that Hell didn't need to be that rough and backed off..Leaving the Delta as it is.
Where am I traveling you might ask....Well I'm heading off to Connecticut.....Yep gonna be a redneck in Yankee land. I'm going to be there for about thirteen weeks, working in a hospital in Norwich. I look at it as a little reverse carpetbagging. Go up there, work, take their money, and run home. And in the process spread that which is known as SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY. And maybe teach some of them to say Ya'll correctly. Any way.. The next few days will be all about getting ready, packing, and driving. Will keep ya updated.

No comments: