Friday, June 25, 2004

Packing, family visit, and etc.

Hey folks! Hows your day going? Well lemme tell ya, my days are getting short. I'm rapidly running out of time and I STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO DO!!!! Trying to figure out how much stuff i'm going to need for thirteen weeks is driving me crazy. Of course since im a newby at this, i'm probably packing way too much. Oh well, as I said its an adventure and you only learn by doing.
My folks are coming down from Memphis and bringing my son. He is thirteen and lives with his mom up thataways. They are gonna stay for the weekend. Also my Aunt and Uncle are coming up from Louisiana for the weekend. Of my moms family they are by far the favorites.
I guess that this is the hardest thing about being gone for thirteen weeks, missing my family. My wife, Julie, and I have been married nearly five years now. Never been apart for more than a week at a time. It's gonna be hard sleeping byself. Guess it's a good thing i'm not paying the water bill. There's going to be a lot of long, hot showers in my future. Got the cell phone with no long distance, no roaming, and a ton of minutes so I can stay in touch. And a laptop for e-mail and chat thing.So hopefully I can survive. We are going to miss our anniversary in September, but we are planning a short trip when I get home.
Jeremy,my son, is playing football for the school this year. That was one stipulation in my contract. Had to be home early October so I could watch him play. And of course, like any good redneck, I gotta be here for hunting season.
Well that about covers my day thus far. Hope the Good Lord takes a shining to ya, but not too soon. Come back ofton and don't forget you can hit the comment button and say HI.

No comments: