Wednesday, October 13, 2004

MMMMM...!!! Home at Last !!!

Yep finally back in Memphis. I knew I was home as soon as I was cut off by a lime green Gran Marquis with twenty four inch spinners , a Playboy sticker in the back window, and a heavy rap beat. Man it's great to be home. Almost makes me miss Connecticut.
Had a great trip home. Went to Hershey , PA . Saw the chocolate capitol of the world. Think over my lifetime I have probably paid for at least one wing of the tourist area. Then it was on to Cabela's in Wheeling, WV. More hunting stuff than you can shake a stick at. Could have easily dropped a paycheck there. Well, now that I think about it. I did drop a good precentage of it there. From Wheeling it was on to Clermont, KY. Home of the Jim Beam Distillary. Nestled into a hollow of the moutains of KY, it was a great place to visit. Nothing like the smell of good sipping whiskey in the air to get you fired up for the day. It was a great tour there, but I like the Jack Daniels Tour better. From there it was on to mom's. That last leg from Nashville to Memphis was a blur. Was it because I was drunk from the Jim beam visit? Maybe cause I was tired? No good reader, It was a blur cause I think I set a land speed record for four wheel drive crew cab trucks. Only reason I stopped at all was cause I didn't want to wet down the seat of my truck.
Of course I have pics of the places we stopped. They will be posted as soon as I get my laptop up and running. Actually got some pretty good pics. Can't wait to post them here.
Well I guess I'll be going for now. Look back soon as I will be posting from good ole Memphis and the area. May even get you some sites from here to look at.

1 comment:

TravelingNurse said...

Hey J nice to be back home in the warm air, huh? Glad to see you had a safe trip home. I love stopping at those places you hear about. We passed by the largest cross in Texas on the way out here to Arizona. Looking in to finding a new company, any suggestions? Have a good time.