Friday, March 16, 2007

Decisions....Decisions!!!

Well folks hows things in your life? Things here are ok. Just lots on the 'ole mind. Got 'bout two and a half months until my contract with the MED is finished. Lease on the apartment is up in May. Been thinking what to do past then. Really other than my son and family my obligations here are finished in June.
Aureus has been calling alot. Remember thats the travel company I went to CT with? They treated me ok. The pay was alright. They may be having some travel work come open in north west Arkansas. I've been thinking about moving to that area anyway. Its nice up there. Trees, lakes and streams and mountains. Everything I've been looking for.
Everytime I mention going I get a lot of flak about it. Especially from people who say that they care about me. Sometimes I think its just for their own selfish reasons. They don't want to talk about it. They don't seem to realize how burned out I am. How the pressures of life are weighing heavily on me. How I have enough to worry about, how I don't know how much longer I can carry my own baggage and theirs too. God gave me broad shoulders for a reason, but I seem to remember that He rested for at least one day.
Thirteen weeks would do me good. Give me time to recharge the batteries. Think about the rest of my life. And maybe un-shoulder some baggage. Might even help me out financially.
I don't know folks. Anyone out there have any words of wisdom for me. looking for any advice. 'bout at wits end here.

2 comments:

TravelingNurse said...

Sounds like you need a change of scenery.I love my family but, I need to get away on my own too.They love ya but, some of us just need to travel. Plus you gotta love the adventure...right? Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Advice from an old friend, go and enjoy yourself. You are a good man, and need time to yourself. It's been a year since we talked and I still don't think you know what you want. Maybe 13 weeks would enlightedn a new world, new beginning for you. I wish you the best of luck.... Besides.. Fay is the home of the HOGS... I know how you love those HOGS.... from one Fan-another... SEEEEEEWWWWWWIIIIEEEEEEE!!!