Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who wont anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future."
Stole that from a blog friend Cory. She works ICU in Nashville, TN. Shes a trauma nurse also. Hit her link in my list and check her out. Great blogger and has that interesting sense of humor that all of us nurses have.
Not a lot going on right now. Just working, paying bills, and living life. Waiting on this custody thing to be worked out. Hopefully the 24th of this month I will at least have the temporary order of custody. Lawyer says should be no problem. But you know how cynical I am. I believe nothing 'til I have paper in hand.
Got family up from Louisiana. They headed north to get away from Gustav. So far from what they have heard, as far as their homes are concerned it's only been minor damage. Some shingles off and a few trees down.
My cousin Terry and his wife, Wanda, are staying here at mom's and my aunt and some of my cousins are staying at my place in Jonesboro, AR. Shoot I can't even see my own house but I'm glad that my family is able to use it in their time of need.
Bryce is loving the extra attention from everyone. Wanda raises Poms and she brought all seven of hers here with them. Cute 'Lil things. Look like mini Chow Chows. Bryce will stand up at the back door and bang on the glass. He likes to watch them run around.
My prayers go out to the folks down on the coast. Please say a little one today for them also. Y'all take care.

3 comments:

TravelingNurse said...

Seems it's that time of year, to just work and pay the bills..it's life. I truely believe in Karma, so I know things will go your way. Don't forget to take care of yourself!

CoryTraumaRN said...

Hey! Thanks for the blog mention. (Isn't that quote SOOO true!) I enjoy reading yours as well and am anxiously awaiting news on the custody. Bryce is lucky to have you. My prayers are going out to everyone down the coast as well! Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

this woman doesnt evern know me. only what you have to say. you are wrong.