Sunday, September 02, 2007

Crater Lake



Went to Crater Lake today. Needless to say it was really breathtaking....and i'm not just talking about the scenery. I mean the elevation was really something. This ole boy with the sea level smokers lungs was huffing. Couple of folks that I went with wanted me to go on a five mile hike up Mt Scott with them. I was like yeah sure. Not unless they got a helicopter at the top for me. Needless to say, I just hung around and enjoyed the sights. I was really amazed at the scenery. And how blue the water was. They say it stays at about thirty eight degrees. Anyway I wasn't going to hike down and dip my lil toe in it, so I just took their word for it.
Well, two weeks in on this contract and all seems to be going well. Been working ER and ICU. Amazing how after two and a half years of ER my ICU skills have gotten a little rusty. But things are coming together for me again. It's kinda nice getting a break from ER. Gives me a chance to reset the brain.
Everybody says that I will see snow before I leave here in November. I hope so, has been a long time since I've seen real snow. And you know why that is. Right? 'Cause Memphis is just close enough to Hell that it will never snow there.
Anyway, bed calls. Just sorting thru things in life right now. I have more pics posted on Flickr from Crater Lake. Just hit the MY PICS thingie on the right and it will take you to them.
Peace. And remember Karma is a Bitch.

2 comments:

TravelingNurse said...

Wow, the lake is really blue. Glad to see you aren't working everyday. The elevation and the scenery should be good for thinking. Just remember life is short don't think too much...ya gotta go do it!!! Stay warm.

Killer said...

Crater lake is awesome. I was there in 99.

I hope the new assignment treats you well.