Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wings....

Hey folks, just a quick video for this post. This has got to be the one of the best parts of my job. I freaking love playing with the helicopters. They call me the helibitch at work 'cause I'll go to the roof no matter the weather. It don't matter if its freezing cold or burning hot, i'm there. By the roof I mean the actual roof of the hospital. Granted its only like seven stories up..but you get a pretty good view of the city. And now that spring is getting here, before long you'll be able to see the lights from Autozone Park where the Redbirds play. Ah and May brings the Memphis in May bar-b-que cookoff. The smell is enough to make your mouth water. As much as I can hate this city there are some things to love about it.


And of course I work at one of the busiest Level One trauma centers in the US. Sum Dood is rampant in this city. And when Sum Dood is busy that means I'm busy. And life is good.


Y'all take care and and drop me a line to say HI!!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still go out and watch them land, doesn't matter that I work on them as well! I know what you mean about the smells from the roof. We are on the 11th floor and in the morning, we get the smell of steak and eggs. Think the bbq from your neck of the woods would be Sooooo much better! (oh, give me some of that Memphis BBQ---*mouth waters*)

Thanks for dropping by my site btw!

TravelingNurse said...

I loved watching the helicopters land when I worked at Good Sam in Phoenix...I was on the 5th floor and the 6th floor so I was at the same level as the helipad. I'm not one for the blood and gore so I'm glad there are people like you who will step up and take the adrenalin rush.

Greybeard said...

Hey Jim, ya made me smile!
Smells, and SOUNDS, too!
Years ago we were actually based at a trauma center in a bad neighborhood. I was mighty glad we were on a 12th floor helipad sometimes, hearing the sounds of gunfire below.
Saturday late-nights were impressive!