Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ever get the feeling......



Ever get the feeling that you are trying to bail out a sinking ship with a table spoon? No matter how fast and hard you work your still going down. Kinda how I feel right now......Everything I have worked so hard for is rapidly sliding under the waves. It's amazing how fast the waters of life can suck you under when your keel has been ripped out by an iceberg.
One minute your cruising along, yeah the water is a little rough, but manageable. And then wham........Your whole world is spirling to the bottom.
Someone you thought was a gonna be there to help you, turns out to be the first to abandon ship. Oh yeah, and don't forget that they are the one that drove you onto the iceberg to start off with.
Anyway, Bryce is getting bigger day by day. I guess you could say that he and Jay are my life perservers. When I just want to quit bailing and give up, I think about them. There are lots of days I just want to stay in bed and cover my head and let the world go on without me. But seeing that grin on his lil face makes it alot easier. Jay is doing great, he's a junior and doing good in school. Still trying to decide about college and what he wants to be. But I have faith that his mother and I did a pretty fair job of raising him and he'll do well. Don't see him as much as I want to what with him working and school. And of course i'm working alot too. But he knows I love him and he loves me. So all is good.
Anyway, drop me a line and say HI.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever wonder why? Ever have regrets? What is your biggest regret? Is the life you are living today the best so far? Was it better 15 years ago? 10 years ago? who makes you happy today? Who made you happy? Do YOU make you happy?

JLeonard said...

Well now that comment does tend to make one think doesn't it. Am I happier now than I was 10 or 15 yrs ago. In some ways yes in some ways no. Jay and Bryce do make me happy. Am I happy with myself?....That i'm not really sure about. Do really want to be happy. And am trying to get there. Just not sure what track to take. Ant suggestions?

Anonymous said...

give me a call sometimes,,,, sounds like you need a night out to let your hair down... some daddy time!! C----RN in AR