Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pump Gas Drags '08



Hot Rod Magazine every year puts on the Pump Gas Drags here in Memphis. It was this past weekend. Let me give you a little run down on it, it's an invitational race. The cars all have to be street legal, granted barely. And they have to run on pump gas. There are other rules but I won't bore you with them now.
As part of the deal, they all go thru tech check at Comp Cams and then make a thirty mile drive thru Memphis to the track. The first year they did this on Friday night during rush hour. If you live in Memphis then you know what that's like. After that they started doing it on Saturday.
It started raining and having tornadoes in the area. So after the first round of elimination they decided to postpone them to Sunday AM. Of course with that being Mothers Day I had to miss the finals.
My thanks to Mellon for the great video. And follow the link. He also has great video of the races.
Makes me want a car again so bad.....maybe when I get some bills taken care of and life on a more even keel. Until then, I can dream. Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed the video - Mellon