Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Number two with a Bullet....



10 Worst Crime Cities

In 2007, Memphis ranked second in violent crime per capita in cities of more than 500,000 people.

1. Detroit: 2,286*

2. Memphis: 1,950

3. Baltimore: 1,631

4. Nashville: 1,509

5. Philadelphia: 1,475

6. Milwaukee: 1,403

7. Indianapolis: 1,234

8. Houston: 1,132

9. Boston: 1,155

10. Dallas: 1,069

* Number of violent crimes per 100,000 people.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Well Memphis you have let me down again....Was hoping for number One. You would think that with the amount of crime victims I see on a daily basis we would be number one. I can only imagine what it would be like living in Detroit.
You gotta love living in a city where the majority of the city council is made up of drunks and crooks, the mayor is a egomaniac, and the majority of your population is non-working welfare cases.
Anyway thats my two cents worth. Drop me a line and give me your opinon. Come on Memphis, lets go for number ONE this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah what a place to be.

JLeonard said...

yeah....keeps me working, the bills paid, and the baby in diapers.

Khin said...

I love Elvis from there!

TravelingNurse said...

Yeah, gotta love Memphis....glad I picked Phoenix..it isn't in the top 10. Maybe it's the humidity that increases the stupidity?Just a thought. Be safe!