Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Headed home...


Well folks, here it is the last shift here in Alien land, better known as Roswell,NM. I can say that I have enjoyed myself greatly while here. The hospital is great to work for, the town is not bad, and the weather has not been at all as I imagined it.
The folks here have been great. They have really taken a liking to me. And all seem to really be sincere when they say that are going to miss me. I know that I am going to really miss a great number of them. And the kindness that they have shown this 'ole Southern boy will always be remembered. I will carry a special place in my heart for some of them.
Hopefully we will be eastbound and down, loaded up and trucking this evening. To borrow a line from The Smokey and the Bandit. Plan on being home tomorrow afternoon. Lots to do before I head for Oregon.
The Road Beckons.

2 comments:

southerngirl said...

Hey!!!!glad to hear your on your way home....We all need to get together before you leave out on your next trip! Hope to see you soon! Love ya!

TravelingNurse said...

Hope your trip was a good one..no smokeys in your path lol. The trip to Oregon should be beautiful..just smile knowing you brought some joy and laughter to the hospital and the people you worked with...change is good. Be safe.