Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Norwich Update

Good morning all, hows it going in your neck of the woods? Here in good ol Connecticut it's finer than hens teeth. Been working the last few days. Trying to heal the infirmed and cure the ill. Or as a friend says.....SAVING LIVES! The work hasn't been bad....Shoot they have a IV team that starts all your IV'S and drops your NGTs. The charge nurse takes off all your orders, calls your docs, and is really in charge. The PCTs take care of the patients and the nurse just gives meds. It's a different world up here. Don't know if I like it or not....But it's different. Taking some getting used to.
Let me tell ya, being a Southern boy I can't complain 'bout the weather. The people up here are saying it's muggy. It's been in the upper seventy's and lower eighties around here. Nice breezes blowing. Been riding around with the windows down, the radio up, just enjoying the heck out of it. Gonna try and install a weather thing on here so I can show you the weather here as compared to back home. Kinda let you see what the difference is.
I've decided...Going to get a digital camera today. And start posting pics here. Let you all see what it looks like up here. I just can't really begin to describe it. Very beautiful country up here. Too bad the yankees got it....LOL. No really the people I've met and work with are really nice. Onece you get past the accent and the way they talk....They are are really nice. They really get a kickout of my accent. Girl at work had me saying all the -AIN words. Like pain,vain,train,main,explain. She just giggled. thought it was just funnier than hell. And to top it of we tape report. Shoot, I sound like a hick to myself on tape. Can't even begin to imagine what it sounds like to them. The other day I had a foreign doc seeing one of my patients. Ok you got the picture, now let me put some sound to it for ya. Foreign accent, we've all been to the corner 7-11 so we know what it's like. Now add a New York accent on top of it. I stood there looking at him like he had two heads. Had totally no idea what he said. He went out to the desk and told the charge nurse, and she interpeted it for him. I thought it was funny...He didn't see the humor at all. Oh well, just can't figure some folks.
Well guess i'm gone for now. Tell your momma and them I said HI. And ya'll come back now ya hear.

No comments: