Thursday, July 08, 2004

Travels

Well all I can say is the trip up here was eventful. Long, hard ride by myself. Twenty hours on the road talking to the radio, and trying to keep from gettin run over by trucks. Everything was great until I got into Ohio. Gez, some areas was as flat as the Delta in Mississippi. Got into Pennsylvania and got on the turnpike. Two hours setting still, went about five miles, and had to pay sixty five cents for the opportunity. Gotta love it. Anyway this was about fourteen hours in, so I got me a hotel. After paying over two dollars a gallon for gas. And wouldn't you know it, I lost a centercap off my rim. So as you can the ole Leonard luck was in full swing.
Next AM was up with the sun. The mountains were beautiful with the sun rising above them. Stopped at Cracker Barrel got a good breakfast, although the sweet tea was lacking something, like maybe a little brewing time and some sugar!! Oh yeah let me tell ya the PA state troopers are some really nice folks. Nope didn't get stopped. Was on the side of the highway deeply into the roadmap, trying to figure a way to avoid construction. When there was a sharp rap on the passenger window. Needless to say I almost had to change drawers. After about thirty seconds of staring at each other I rolled down the window. A hearty "Good morning" from me, was followed by a "Is there a problem,Sir?" from him. Explained my problem, got a great answer from him. And I was off again on my lil adventure. Bet he didn't have near the laugh out of it I did.
Then it was off into the Nascar training grounds of New York. I can now understand why northern folks seem so hacked off. Traffic sucks, the roads suck, and everyone is in a hurry. Nothing like doing seventy five miles an hour in bumper to bumper traffic with someone a gnats ass off each door. Makes the Bristol race look like a cake walk. Think I had a guy trying to bump draft me in his Mercedes for a while. Thank God for the trailer hitch I got hanging off the back of my truck. Might have intimidated him a little bit.
Then into Connecticut, more turnpikes, more construction, more sitting in traffic. Seems to be the theme here huh? Connecticut is a beautiful place. Lots of trees, moutains, and quaint lil towns. As well gas for over two dollars a gallon, smokes over four dollars a pack, and some God awful accents. But I'm hoping to get some pictures posted here soon. Got a camera and im taking pictures, just gotta get em put on disk so i can put on here. Not at all what I expected.
well that about does it for now. Hope that all is going well for you today. And don't forget the comment button here folks. Let me know what you think thus far. Oh and please send me any great words or phrases you would only hear in the South. Like to throw them out there every now and then. Just to keep the yankees on their toes.

No comments: