Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Tourist.

 Hey folks, today was an off day. And believe it or not the sun was actually out. So I decided to do the tourist thing. Went to the Submarine base in Groton. Oh by the way it's not Gr-O-ton as I thought, It's G-ROT-on.  Was pretty cool. Saw the Nautilus, first nuclear powered submarine as well as a museum on submarining. Had everything there from the first sub to a look at the future. Was most impressed. Of course, what really impressed me the most was the stars and the size of the knot on my head where I didn't quite clear the doorway on the boat. I mean it brought a tear to this ole boys eye. Why they gotta make them does so durn small? Heck for those of us that shop on the plus size rack it was a mighty tight squeeze. Of course the Japanese tourist behind me found it rather amusing. What I was thinking as they giggled is not really fit for publishing here. Lets just let it suffice to say that it involved torpedoes and a body orfice. You get the idea?
 After that I went to Mystic, Connecticut. For those of you that remember the movie "MYSTIC PIZZA" from the late eighties. This is the town that it was based on and shot in. Don't really remember much about it, just that it had Ricky Lake in it. And she looked like she had worked her way through quite a few mystic pizzas. But I digress. Didn't go to see the pizza shop, it just wasn't that great of a movie.
 But I did go to the Mystic Seaport and museum. This is a area that is just as it was during colonial times. Had great sailing ships there and all. Was kinda cool. They were having a special deal in one building there about the maritime doings of the world. As I walked around I ran across a film presentation on the Mississippi River. Traced the Big Muddy from its beginnings to New Orleans. Had a segment about Memphis, Tn. Really got this big redneck home sick. Shoot I sat through it twice. Just so I could see that part again. Really miss the family and friends. Heck I miss folks that talk like me.
 Ok, another reason Northerners are so pissed off acting. At least around here. You can't buy a COLD BEER anywhere in this state after eight PM. You all know that I don't drink. Got this info from a girl that works with me. She is a fellow traveler. She said she was wanting a frosty one at about eight thirty and couldn't buy one. Clerk wouldn't sell it to her. Said she had to drive to Rhode Island, and had to get THERE before Ten PM.  Boy, it is almost enough to piss you off. Needless to say she didn't get her beer that night.
Ok enuff for now. Ya'll send me some comments. I welcome any and all.

No comments: