Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I know.....I know......

Hello Kiddies. I know, I have been bad and haven't posted in a while. But work has kept me busy. And then I went to Memphis for a long weekend. God it was good to be home. Seems my son has grown a foot and his voice is changing. Makes me feel old. I sometimes wish that he was that eight pound bundle that would lay on my chest and sleep again. And seeing Julie was great too. It's funny how you can miss someone, but you never really know how much until you see them again. Had a great time with the folks and my brother and his family. I didn't want to get on that plane and come back here. Hurt way to much. But, only seven more weeks and then back to them loving arms again.
Speaking of planes, that leads me to airports. Atlanta may have a great airport, but it is spread out all over creation. They have a bullet train that runs underground to take you from one terminal to the next. Which is nice, but when you better follow instructions to hold on. It takes off like a top fuel dragster and stops like its hitting a wall. Kinda fun if your expecting it. But otherwise can be scary.
Atlanta has gone to great lengths to accommodate us smokers out there. They have smoking lounges in each terminal. Sounds good huh? Well lemme give you a picture of it. Picture a room
'bout the size of your average garage at home. Then put plastic chairs in it. And then about sixty people chainsmoking. I thought that the walls were painted a funky yellow, until on closer observation I saw that it was stained from the smoke. I tell you, I thought twice about going in there. But I was rapidly approaching twenty four hours of being awake, and I needed a hit of nicotine to jump start me. I don't smoke inside at home, so the smell was kinda overpowering. A quick smoke and I was outta there. Why do we do this to ourselves? Because we are addicts, that's why.
Memphis was nice. But when I got off the plane there and went outside, the humidity liked to have knocked me down. Geez, I forgot how bad it could be. And Julie said it was actually not bad that day. I forgot what it was like to stand still and sweat. How easily I have become spoiled to the weather in Norwich.
Well that about covers it for now. I promise I will do better and post more often now. Shoot I'm on the downhill slide to home. Lets git 'er done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

git'er done...dosent get more southern..lol