Tuesday, August 03, 2004

That Leonard Luck!

Well folks, you know in an earlier post I mentioned the Leonard Luck? Well it has definitely followed me to Connecticut. Let me tell you about it. Went to Walmart the other day (is there any other place on earth to shop?), to get a DVD player. You know there is nothing to watch late night on TV, so I got me some DVD's. Anyway I got home, opened the box got ready to set it up and realized that the connections are wrong. Old TV, it only has like a cable hookup on the back. Damn another trip to Walmart! So I'm gonna cool down, smoke a cigarette, make some tea. Open the dishwasher to get the tea pitcher out, and it has melted down one side. Seems that the washer was on heated dry. Musta been too hot. Much like my temper by now. So ok tea is out, get a Diet Coke from the fridge. Wouldn't you know, out of Diet Cokes. Temper a little hotter. Get a glass of water. Gonna go out on the deck smoke a cig. And for the grand slam of piss offs, I'M OUT OF SMOKES. Needless to say, was not a happy camper.
Now for the good news. I now have two tea pitchers, plenty of Diet Cokes, and double check the smoke supplies. Got back to the apartment got the DVD set up and enjoyed my evening watching DVD's. Just couldn't handle another night watching the Spanish home shopping club. Don't have the faintest idea what they are saying, but they are sure enjoying themselves.
Work is going good. About nine more weeks to go. Looking forward to the end of August. Heading to Memphis for a long weekend with the family. Can't wait.
So what's going on in your life? Drop me a comment and let me know. Tell your momma and them I said HI.

No comments: