Thursday, July 26, 2007

Carlsbad Caverns


Feet Down: 750
Miles Walked: 2.5
Cold Dr Pepper: $2.50
Time with Jay: Priceless
Went to the caves at Carlsbad the other day. Had a great time. It's really amazing what time and water can do to rock. We stayed 'til dark and watched the bats come out. The ranger that gave us the information on the bats said that they numbered between two hundred and five hundred thousand. For about thirty minutes they poured out of the entrance to the caves.
I have really enjoyed the month that Jay has spent here with me in Roswell. I know that he has been bored. But have been trying to arrange things to do when I'm off. I think he's missing his truck and friends. One more week and then we are packing and heading east. Plan on being home next Thursday.
Peace and Love. Drop me a comment and say HI!

2 comments:

TravelingNurse said...

How cool. I've never been to Carlsbad...have some land in Texas just south of there so, probably should visit there sometime. Watching the bats must have been such a sight. Even if he was bored, bet he was glad he was there with ya. Congrats on the XY...every man's dream huh? Have a safe trip.

Killer said...

Carlsbad is a very cool place. You should have scooped up a handful of Guano as a souvenir.