Monday, October 29, 2007

Jake the Wonderdog



As mentioned in my last post my uncle Jerry did a cartoon. Jake the Wonderdog is no longer being done due to my uncle's illness. But if you look at his cartoons, most of the pictures on the walls are of his family. It's funny how he incorporated them into his cartoon.
Jake the Wonderdog is not for kids. My uncle drew his cartoons for adults and so it hits on a more adult nature. But they are still funny. A lot of my uncles personality shows in what Ed has to say and does.
The website also has info on my cousin Tommy who has been missing since December 2001. It's hard to believe that it's been nearly six years. And still no further info. I'm sure that there is someone out there that has what is needed to finally allow my uncles family to find some closure.
Follow the link and look at the cartoons and drop me a line here. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

TravelingNurse said...

Loved Jake...very funny...I will share him with my friends. Hope your last few days are going well...be safe.

Anonymous said...

I have another web based cartoon serial on the web Jim, it's 180 degrees from the adult humor of Jake.

I used the childhood icons of Superman and Batman to help me cope with Tommy's loss, and to also tell a special story that has Tommy rooted within its depths. The story itself is a memorial and tribute to Tommy..

http://www.glasshousepresents.com/Destiny's%20Choice_by_Jerry_Newingham.htm